Old 06-08-2004, 09:43 PM

Default plants for a slope

Rick,
You could do a Waterfall down to a small pond beside your wife's shade
garden. Check out www.bestpondstuff.com or www.backyard-lifestyle.com
for other suggestions.

I hope this helps,
Norman

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 09:24:22 -0400, rickm wrote:

I'm in the process of clearing off a rather untamed slope behind my
house (we're on the upside of the slope). This area had lots of privet
and even more wild grape. All of the privet is gone and I'm slowly
removing the wild grape.

The area faces east, we're in zone 7 (asheville, nc). It gets light
shade in the morning, no sun at high noon, then some sun in the
afternoon until the house gets in the way and blocks it. The slope is
roughly 45 degrees. On the top of the slope are a few walnut trees, on
the bottom is my wife's shade garden. Some bamboo grass looking stuff
has moved into one of the areas (hey, it's green!) but I'd like to
cover this with something that will help to stabilize it.

I was considering ivy but I don't want anything to take over the
trees. Something that spreads would be nice especially if it's not
invasive. There is kudzu down the street, but I'm saving that for
someone else's yard.

Thanks,
Rick