Old 06-08-2004, 10:05 PM

Default Trees and hammocks question

On 10 Jul 2004 06:13:11 GMT, oSpam (Annie M.)
wrote:

Wondering if it is truth or rumor that if you screw an eye hook into a tree to
support a hammock that the tree will eventually die because of the metal?

We bought a house with this scenario and wonder if something needs to be done
to remedy this (if possible), or if it safe enough.

Thanks!

I have seen many trees that grew too close to old barbed wire fences,
that as they grew, they grew around the wire, so that he barbed wire
was inside the tree, and they all continued to grow and lead healthy
lives. So I do not believe that an eye hook will kill a tree.

Norman