Old 07-08-2004, 02:52 AM
Karen

Default Oxygen-poor sea may spark spate of shark bites

In article et, "SVTKate"
writes:

I think the thing that comes to mind the most is that they are doing nothing
to stop the pollution.

I wonder how many former US companies are contributing to the problem.

Kate

"Benign Vanilla" wrote in message
| HOUSTON - A huge "dead zone" of water so devoid of oxygen that sea life
| cannot live in it has spread across 5,800 square miles (15,000 square
| kilometers) of the Gulf of Mexico this summer, in what has become an
annual
| occurrence caused by pollution.

the worst part is that there are several large sanctuaries down there Padre
Island coming to mind. a lot of the pollution is coming from the Mexican side
of the Rio Grande and don't forget all those platform wells out in the gulf off
Louisiana.

when I lived in Houston, there were days Galveston Beach was so bad you
couldn't swim in it.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH