Old 07-08-2004, 03:52 PM
Robert E A Harvey

Default Hand trowel & fork suggestions

"Bella" wrote in message ...
Today I snapped my hand trowel from the handle, the third time in recent
weeks. I am now left with two hand forks, the first fork also snapped. The
latest trowel to snap was a recommended good make. Any recommendations for a
*VERY* good make would be most welcome.

TIA. Bella

I have an old spear&jackson, and an old discount shop special.
Thye don't make the S&J one I have any more, but SJ5030HR 'heritage'
is similar, should be under £10. Don't know how well it might
perform, but looks well made. Or you might want to look at the Draper
Carbon Steel Hand Trowel 32327 which has a different method of
attachment to the handle, not a simple tang. Only seen it in shops,
but it's cheap enough. About £6