Old 08-08-2004, 03:50 AM
B & J

Default ID Mystery Plant

"Sarah D." wrote in message
om...
A flower I've never seen before decided to sprout in a shady area that
happens to be below my bird feeders. I have no idea if it's from a
bulb that I just never knew was there, or was somehow "planted" by the
birds. I'm suspecting it's a bulb plant because it looks similar to a
lily. It's on a single smooth stalk about 2 feet tall; no discernable
leaves, topped with multiple pale pink, lily-like flowers with yellow
stamens and a sweet fragrance. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

It sounds as if you have lycoris squamigera (a.k.a. resurrection lily, naked
lady, etc.).It's featured on p. 24 of the Park's Advance Bulb Sale 2004..

Here's a site with a picture and description:

http://www.floridata.com/ref/l/lyco_squ.cfm

John