Old 08-08-2004, 03:25 PM
escapee

Default Webworms II

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 01:51:42 GMT,
(God Bless Texas) opined:

escapee wrote:

Buddhists don't believe in hell, but you can go there.

Well, my statement was intended to refer to the question of whether
intentional mistreatment of insects would reflect poorly on the state of
my (karma/immortal soul/attitude/standing with the DNC), take your pick.

Your response, OTOH, seems to lead me to believe you should have similar
concerns regarding your attitude towards your fellow humans.

Please, do have a nice remainder of the weekend and good week. And
cheer up, the life you save may be your own.

I didn't say anything disparaging. I am Buddhist. We don't believe in God in
the way Judeo/Christians do. Mistreatment of insects, animals, humans, worms,
all fall under the category of sentient being. We were all at one time an
insect, a bacteria, something. That's what Buddhists believe.

I said you can go there, meaning, if that's what you believe in your faith, it's
appropriate to use that term. What you call "Buddhist sect" does not believe in
hell. The hell realm is different than an actual place as hell.

Thanks, I will have a beautiful weekend and every day.

Victoria