Old 09-08-2004, 04:56 PM
brickled

Default Red Tomatoes disappear even inside "cage"

hmm, if your plants are unaccessible by any unknown humans.....that
definately complicates things....

if the containers aren't too heavy, u may want to try wheeling them in at
night for a while, see if the problem goes away. i would at a minimum start
paying attention to what part of the day/night the tomatoes are disappearing
and maybe setup a camcorder to look thru the slider (i'm guess you have one
that leads out to your balcony) and record what's going on out there. i've
seen many a mystery solved this way. once u catch the culprit on tape, plz
let us know what it was!!

"faye" wrote in message
om...
HI all-

I planted two tomato plants in my container, and I used some plastic
wiring to wrap around the plants , yes, both side and top. I don't
understand why my riped tomatoe keeps dissapearing??!!! At first i
thought it was the birds, that's why I added the cage, and then now
even with the cage??
The entire tomato is gone, not eaten bits and pieces by say like a
hornworm. I'm puzzled. Please help!