Old 04-08-2004, 12:45 AM
Ray

Default In need of help

Phalaenopsis-types: 1 7 8 19-22 24-31 34-36
Dendrobiums: 2 3 6 11 12 37
Cattleya-types: 5 13-18 (15 is a schombocattleya, 16 is Wrangell
Mountains, 17 is Eade) 23 33
Stelis: 4
Cymbidiums: 9 10

..
"Ivor" wrote in message
om...
Ok you guys asked for this The following are 37 orcgids that I have
no clue what the flower looks like and some of them I can't tell what
family of orchid it is. for example - #28 - Does the 'p' in P. golden
buddha stand for Phalaenopsis? And the Raspberry Delight what family
is that?

1. Phal. Eva Louw x Phal. Coala/ Kaala?
2. Den. Thonglors Delight
3. Den. Paula Ewalt
4. Stelis Vulcanic/ Volcanic?
5. BLC. Susan Pereira
6. Den. Kultana Toshiko Blue
7. Morgenrose x Abendrot
8. Phal. Carmela's Gem x Self (Candy Stripe)
9. Cym. Strathaven 'Brighton'
10. Cym. Nonna Golden Glades
11. Den. Mary Neal x D. Valley King
12. Den. Ceaser's Candy
13. BLC. Louise Panntel x (BLC. Gontrode x L. Purpurata)
14. LC. Shellie Compton x LC. Dorothy Warne
15. C. Bowringiana x Sckomburgkia iundulata
16. Wrangel Mountain
17. LC. Fade/ Eade? (Purple)
18. BLC. Madge Fordyce 'Red Orb'
19. (Phal. Sampson x Phal. Lipperose) x Flor De Niebla
20. [Phal. Schneuwitien x Phal. Valledor x (Phal. Opaline x Phal.
Albatros)]
21. Phal. Aubrae x Phal. Topaz
22. Phal. Abendrot 'Celia'
23. BLC. mem. Robert Hack 'bright eye'
24. P. Cher Monique (Parisienne) x P. Dixie Well (Southland)
25. Phal. First Choice x Noyenna
26. Dtps. Brother Julius x Phal. Zuma Pixie
27. P. Golden Buddha x P. Gigantea 'Alan Queen'
28. (P. Golden Buddha x Raspberry Delight) x P. Lippeglut
29. P. Firelight x P. Golden Buddha
30. P. Ramond Levy x P. Andernach #1
31. P. Abendrot Me/Stem 'Jackwitter' x P. Noontide
32. C. Saphire Sparkling Waters x C. Persian Blue
33. Pot. Susie's Glow 'Crimson Magic'
34. Phal. Joyce Fell (p. Malibu Jubilation x P. Fifi)
35. P. Ramond Levy x P. Andernach #2
36. Phal. Barbara Moler x self
37. Den. Densiflorum #1

I hope I never have to write that again

Anyway, what I am really asking for is which 'family' does each one
come from, so that I know weather it is a Cymbidium, Dendrobium,
Cattleya and so on. So that I can grow it correctly. I have been so
far repotting according to the plants structure but I am starting to
get nervous, as I don't want to kill them. Any information that any
body has would be greatly appreciated.

If any one has a picture of the flower that would be great.

Thanks
Ivor