Old 09-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Penny Morgan

Default pineapple sage

It will bloom later in summer or early fall. I have a huge pineapple sage
that blooms when the crape myrtle's and rose of sharon stop blooming. You
will get bright red, small tubular flowers for the hummers. My sage also
reseeds with lots of babies each year around it. In early summer I usually
find the babies.

Penny
N. Raleigh
"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
.com...
Good morning.
I have 2 pineapple sage plants that have grown from 4" to 4' just
since spring. The problem is, there are no blooms in sight.
When will it bloom? Or did I plant the wrong thing? I thought
pineapple sage had the bright red flowers hummers love.
Thanks.
Raleighgirl