Old 05-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Raleighgirl

Default pineapple sage

Good morning.
I have 2 pineapple sage plants that have grown from 4" to 4' just
since spring. The problem is, there are no blooms in sight.
When will it bloom? Or did I plant the wrong thing? I thought
pineapple sage had the bright red flowers hummers love.
Thanks.
Raleighgirl

Old 05-08-2004, 03:28 PM
Nathan Gilliatt

In article ,
"Raleighgirl" wrote:

I have 2 pineapple sage plants that have grown from 4" to 4' just
since spring. The problem is, there are no blooms in sight.
When will it bloom? Or did I plant the wrong thing? I thought
pineapple sage had the bright red flowers hummers love.

It blooms late summer/early fall. Be patient, you'll love it.
Old 06-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Baine Carruthers

I think mine doesn't bloom until late Sept. and continues almost to
Christmas depending on how severe the freezes.

--
Baine

.com...

Old 07-08-2004, 12:53 AM
MAC

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 14:12:24 GMT, "Raleighgirl"
wrote:

Good morning.
I have 2 pineapple sage plants that have grown from 4" to 4' just
since spring. The problem is, there are no blooms in sight.
When will it bloom? Or did I plant the wrong thing? I thought
pineapple sage had the bright red flowers hummers love.
Thanks.
Raleighgirl

Pretty soon now, and the flowers are spectacular.

MAC
Old 09-08-2004, 01:19 PM
Penny Morgan

It will bloom later in summer or early fall. I have a huge pineapple sage
that blooms when the crape myrtle's and rose of sharon stop blooming. You
will get bright red, small tubular flowers for the hummers. My sage also
reseeds with lots of babies each year around it. In early summer I usually
find the babies.

Penny
N. Raleigh
"Raleighgirl" wrote in message
.com...
Good morning.
I have 2 pineapple sage plants that have grown from 4" to 4' just
since spring. The problem is, there are no blooms in sight.
When will it bloom? Or did I plant the wrong thing? I thought
pineapple sage had the bright red flowers hummers love.
Thanks.
Raleighgirl

how hardy is pineapple sage bill United Kingdom 6 26-11-2005 01:21 PM
My Pineapple Sage is Blooming!!! Mark Anderson Gardening 12 07-11-2003 09:42 PM
Eucomis Bicolor (Pineapple Lily) hhhouse Gardening 1 11-10-2003 11:42 PM
Pineapple? JNJ Gardening 15 12-04-2003 02:32 AM
Is pineapple a fruit? Ted Shoemaker Gardening 18 14-03-2003 09:56 PM