Old 09-08-2004, 12:56 PM
Rachael of Nex, the Wiccan Rat

Default Laying Paving Slabs

"Derek Turner" wrote in message
On Mon, 9 Aug 2004 10:28:20 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

I'd go with that, and if you do get any weeds then give them a dose of
roundup.

I'd prefer PathClear (or equivalent) as it contains simozine (sp.?) to
inhibit germination of the inevitable future seeds!

I used PathClear on my front garden path and slabs - bloody useless I found
it !

I can confirm however that if this is of interest, it is "animal safe" (at
least the one I had purported to be on the bottle, and was).
I know this cos my puppy (then puppy) got into a child locked kitchen
cupboard (he ate the door until the lock fell off), into a heavy duty
tupperwear tub at the back of said cupboard (ate at it till the lid came
off) and chewed a bottle of it open. He didn't drink any or lick it up as it
got left in a lake on the floor but he must have ingested a little when
chewing the bottle.
He was absolutely fine, if terribly sheepish when I got home to find what
he'd done.

He got crated after that cos it scared me silly, fwiw. Destruction of
property you expect with a puppy but possible poisoning despite your best
efforts to lock things away is another thing entirely ...

Rachael