Old 09-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Lar

Default What's this "grassy weed" (photo link)

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 22:27:06 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Over the past two or three years some patches of fast growing "grassy
weeds" have shown up here and there on my lawns. After mowing, this
stuff seems to grow two or three times as fast as the turf grasses, and
sticks up noticable in a couple of days.

It's nutsedge. In the Dallas area when it is taking over the lawns a
product called Image is recommended. It may be the same active
indgrediant as what is in Manage, I'm not sure. Image is a growth
retardent that works well on nutsedge after a couple of applications.
It will effect the look of the lawn grass, but where the nutsedge dies
out the lawn grass doesn't. Be sure to check with your area nursery
people to see how any product may effect the specific type of lawn
grass you may have.

Lar

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.