Old 24-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Cereus-validus

Default grafting white-ash onto green-ash

Another one of your half-ash ideas, Archie?

"Archimedes Plutonium" wrote in message
I do not know if anyone has tried this before and been successful. Next
year I am giving it a try because green-ash is abundant but white-ash is
rare here. I am going to try it on a white-ash cultivar of
autumn-purple.

I realize they are different species but as in the case of the animal
world or cross species hybrids. So I would think that the plant kingdom
would be more "plastic" as to cross speciation than the animal kingdom.
And since greenash and whiteash are so much alike, I would hazard to
guess that it is not a 100% failure to graft.

BTW, has anyone designed a honeylocust cultivar that is reddish leaves
in color? Instead of the Sunburst yellow leaves, I am looking for the
red leaves.

Archimedes Plutonium
www.archimedesplutonium.com
www.iw.net/~a_plutonium