Old 12-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Mike Griggs

Default Japanese bamboo knotweed

Actually it is a very good honey bee plant the honey most closely taste
like buckwheat honey which is more difficult to come by in recent years.

The nomenclature of the name is in question though you are correct in
leaning toward Fallopia japonica here in the US it is very commonly
called Polygonum cuspidatum when not referred to by colloquial names
such as Bamboo, false bamboo, or Japanese Knotweed

Its been in upstate NY for many years as I remember stumbling on a patch
in the late 60's

Mike

"Antonio Van Diemen" someone@anywhere wrote:

"Leo Michels" wrote
"Robespierre II" somebody@somewhere meinte:

"Tim923" wrote in message

In our area, we call it Japanese Bamboo, our more commonly just
bamboo.
Do you know the scientific name thereof?

Fallopia japonica or Reynoutria japonica