Old 29-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Randy Jenkins

Default Pin Cushion Plant ID

Ashley,
Can't tell much from the pictures, but the common name of "scabiosa" is the
pin cushion flower. However, it does NOT look like the flower in the
pictures and it is an outdoor plant generally.

Randy

"Bellatrix" wrote in message
om...
Pictures:
http://www.bloomrite.com/images/product/prd03.jpg
http://www.bloomrite.com/images/product/prd302.jpg

I recently bought a cute little "Pin Cushion" plant from Smith's
Grocery Store.

To get some care instructions for my plant and to find out more, I
visited the growers website:
http://www.bloomrite.com/index_flash.html

I called customer service and asked for the scientific name of the
plant. They told me my plant had a scientific name but that it was a
secret! The lady said that all she could tell me was that it was a
kind of "Hawaiian Ground Cover."

I was hoping that you would be so kind as to identify my plant with a
scientific name and tell me what I could do to care for it.

Thanks in advance,

Ashley