Old 10-08-2004, 02:35 PM
Lar

Default Murray Self-propelled mower any good?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 00:30:44 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

I need a new lawn mower and decided to get a self-propelled model as I have
a rather hilly yard and I'm not getting any younger. After looking at
dozens of mowers, I have found one that looks like it would meet my needs.
It is on sale for what looks like a good price - $229.00 (was $290). The
problem is that I have never owned a Murray lawn mower, nor have I owned a
self-propelled model. The one I am looking at is a 7 HP, 22 inch, 3-in-1
model with high rear wheels. The engine is a Briggs and Stratton. Is this
brand any good? It appears to be a discontinued model because the Murray
website doesn't show a 7 HP self-propelled model. I can get other SP mowers
for around the same price, but they have smaller engines. I would rather
have a variable speed SP mower, but the prices for those is much higher.

I recently gave my 2 year old SP Murray away and picked up a Torro
variable speed SP. The price wasn't all that much higher. The
problem you will have with the Murray is that it will be more of a
workout trying to walk slow enough to mow the grass. The variable
speed allows you to work at your pace rather than the slow setting of
the Murray.

Lar

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.