Old 10-08-2004, 04:31 PM
dave weil

Default Pruning and balance

On 10 Aug 2004 01:42:37 -0700, (Fakhina Sohl)
wrote:

I've worked out that roses are pretty much indestructible when they're
established. Pruning just makes 'em angry. So, early this winter, I
gave them all a good hacking, back well into old wood - most of them
got very leggy in the years since our dear gardener left them to their
own devices. They're all sprouting furiously now (to teach me a
lesson).

See, it's a matter of perception. Pruning makes *you* angry. Pruning
makes roses *happy*. Once you understand this, you'll be better off,
if not your arms, legs, neck, etc.