Old 10-08-2004, 06:42 PM

Default Ground squirrel problem

I got an Ultrasonic Repellant from
www.backyard-lifestyle.com
and it works well. It has a motion detector so that it can run on
it's 9v battery for months. I am very pleased with it.
I hope this helps,
Norman

On 12 Jul 2004 06:19:38 GMT, ojunk (Jefffooz) wrote:

I live in California. I am experiencing a problem with ground squirrels in my
garden. Early in the spring, I had a terrible problem with the rabbits; they
ate all my asters and other flowering perennials. To control them, I simply
built a three-foot fence around my garden and this solved the problem. Then, I
had the gophers to contend with, who started eating all the agapanthus,
liatris, etc. I bought a sound-emitting device that I bury in the ground; this
has miraculously repelled the gophers from my garden. The ground squirrels are
another story; they simply climbed over the fence and ignored the sound device.
They come out while I am at work to eat my gladiolas, dahlias, petunias,
zinnias, asters and of all things, echinacea. I have tried spraying deer
repellent, to no avail. They just keep coming, and their number seems to be
increasing. Does anybody know of an effective way to repel them from the
garden, besides trapping and poisoning? I am thinking perhaps next year I will
only plant cactus.

Thanks

Jeffery