Old 11-08-2004, 04:15 PM
dave weil

Default Pruning and balance

On 10 Aug 2004 21:08:26 -0700, (Fakhina Sohl)
wrote:

Pruning makes roses *happy*. Once you understand this,
you'll be better off, if not your arms, legs, neck, etc.

Indeed. I found that out the first time I pruned my healthy
arbor-climbing rose, in an attempt to get it back in control. That's
why I ask - is there any way to stunt the growth of my rose without
making it happy and enthusiastic (and vengeful - evil plant ;-)),
which is counterproductive to my purposes?

For such a rose, probably the best thing is to take some hedge
trimmers or chain saw and shape it to your own wishes. Just do it
whenever it starts getting uppity.