Old 11-08-2004, 07:37 PM
zxcvbob

Default Weed Trimmers and Metal Blades

Eb wrote:
I have a metal blade for my weed trimmer that probably has 30 teeth,
it does great on large stuff, but I don't like the way it cuts on
stuff like waist high grass.

What blade design works good on tall grass. I've seen triangle shapes,
4 point star shapes, round blades with 3, 4 or 5 humped cutting edges?

A round blade with 6 or 8 little teeth sticking out that can be
sharpened like knives (it's called a weed cutting blade.) I've also
adapted a small lawnmower blade for my trimmer and it works well if I
keep it sharp.

The blade you have is for cutting brush and saplings.

Bob