Old 11-08-2004, 06:11 PM
Robert Dickow

Default Britains rarest orchid stolen

"kenty ;-\)" wrote in
:

Britain's rarest orchid stolen from golf course
By James Burleigh
A rare orchid, one of only two growing wild in Britain, has been
stolen from the grounds of a Lancashire golf club, English Nature said
yesterday.

This kind of activity makes me sick. My greenhouse was once burgled (while
I was home in bed sleeping) and all my blues were stolen (Lc. Blue Boy
'Gainesborough', blue vandas, etc.). It must have been an orchid grower,
but one who wasn't bright enough to have recognized my blue L. purpurata
'werkhauseri', since the label didn't say 'Blue' anywhere and so left me my
favorite plant at least.

Bob Dickow