Old 12-08-2004, 03:43 AM
gregpresley

Default Mondo Grass Bed

Another possibility would be to put an ad in the paper - offering as much
mondo grass as people wanted for their landscaping purposes if they will
come and dig it up.
"Harristl" wrote in message
om...
We recently purchased a home previously owned by a Mondo grass
fanatic! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy most garden plants. . .in
moderation! In this case, however, we have 18" strips down both sides
of a 70' driveway, creating what looks a little like a runway on
Gilligan's Island!

My question is simple. . .how do I kill it. . .for good? I have tried
Roundup, but was successful only at temporarily killing the foilage.
After two, heavy applications, the grass itself seems to be coming
back stronger than ever!

I've already had one landscape firm offer to dig it up for around
$400. Originally, I thought that was ridiculous, but I'm starting to
wonder if it's actually a bargain! I'd really prefer to avoid a major
digging project!

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Tori Harris
Paducah, KY