Old 12-08-2004, 05:40 PM
Wil

Default naming rights

--

wrote in message
My very own "madgardener", my mother died a couple weeks ago. I have

inherited her
vast gardens and fortunately am able to afford her garden helper.
What I would really like to do is get a golden yellow day lily named after

her. Her
name was Zlata which means golden in Yugoslav (where she was born).
Which is the largest lily hybridizer? Does anyone know if I could buy

naming rights?
Ingrid

You can start here where most of the major [if no all] hybridizers are
listed. Naming rights sometimes are sold at a fund raising auction. Those
naming rights have gone quite high. On the other hand hybridizers are
always looking for names. A gold daylily should be an easy flower to ask
for. http://www.abacom.com/chacha/gardenHybridC.htm

Tips on the big hybridizers. I know I will leave out some big ones.

Pat Stamile
David Kirchhoff
Curt Hanson
Frank Smith [new but bought a large established daylily setup]
Jeff Salter
John Kennebrew
Jack Carpenter
Rick Yost
I could go on....but there are too many. Just pick a link and a name and
research the site. Perhaps you can email each and make your request. Some
may not name their daylilies that way but others might honor your request.

Wil