Old 12-08-2004, 05:46 PM
Sacha

Default What is this plant ?

On 12/8/04 6:28 pm, in article ,
"Chris Rowe" wrote:

Iv'e just come back from Stapehill Gardens in Dorset and I saw a plant there
that Iv'e never seen before.

Nobody there could help so I'm hoping that someone here might be able to,I'm
afraid there's no photo so I'll describe it as best I can.

About 2ft tall,exotic looking with bronze shiny fatsia shaped leaves but
nothing like as big,small white flowers and
round(seedheads/fruit,maybe),spikey looking but rubbery to touch 1inch
diameter balls bronzy/green in colour

Iv'e googled but found nothing,I do hope someone can help as I think it's
gorgeous

TIA Chris

Ricinus communis? Very poisonous. Try a Google image search to see if
that's the one.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk