Old 13-08-2004, 02:37 AM
RichToyBox

Default Help with dimensions

Theoretically, allowing for about 15 inches of overlap on each wall, that
would take 2 1/2 feet of the 9.5 foot, 3 foot across the bottom adds up to
5.5 leaving 4 foot, divided by 2 sides gives a 2 foot maximum depth.
Anything less than 15 inches of overlap would be risky getting the liner in
the right place to maintain any overlap.

--
RichToyBox
http://www.geocities.com/richtoybox/index.html
"Robin" wrote in message
Well my first pond hasn't even been up two months and I am
planning a second. I have a liner that is 10ft X9.5ft so I
figure a solid 9 square feet for construction. I'm planning
a more formal type water feature for the front of my house.
I have big white column so I want to make it look like
ancient greek ruins. My plan is to use one row of cinder
blocks to make a square; and have that much of the pond
above ground, go inside the cinder blocks about a foot to
make a marginal shelf and then dig down about 1ft to 2 ft to
form the deeper part. About what size pond will I end up
with? Would you go for size or depth? I live in the
extreme south and winter extremes are not much of a problem.

I have cool ideas for this one. I'm going to cover the
cinder blocks with ceramic tiles, maybe a greek key design.
For the water fall/veggie filter, I want a large pot or
vase. I'll get a grecian lady fountain to pour into the
water fall. Get a couple of those column plant stands and
lean them over with vines growing up.