Old 13-08-2004, 04:26 AM
Crashj

Default Help with dimensions

"Robin" wrote in message
news:jmVSc.296473$XM6.207234@attbi_s53...

"RichToyBox" wrote in message
news:IXUSc.249629$IQ4.4208@attbi_s02...
Theoretically, allowing for about 15 inches of overlap on each wall,

that
would take 2 1/2 feet of the 9.5 foot, 3 foot across the bottom adds up

5.5 leaving 4 foot, divided by 2 sides gives a 2 foot maximum depth.
Anything less than 15 inches of overlap would be risky getting the liner

in
the right place to maintain any overlap.

That's kind of what I was thinking. Make the inner 2 ft
depth level about 3ft sq, and then make an outer ring that
extends a foot over and a foot up that would make a total
pond size of four foot square. THat should leave me about a
foot of overlap all the way around. I will lay it over the
cinder block, and then cover it with 1ft square pavers, I
may epoxy them to the conder block somehow so that you could
sit on the edge?

Umm, isn't that going to be five feet - a one foot border all the way
around?

I have the same puzzlement about securing the edges. It seems that Great
Stuff can be used as an adhesive as well as a foaming crack sealer, but I am
still not sure how to trap the liner and keep the edging stones in place.
And just in passing, they are concrete blocks nowadays; cinder hasn't been
in general use for decades.
--
Crashj