Old 13-08-2004, 03:53 PM
Roy

Default Oh, no, can this tree be saved??? (photo links)

Its hard to say. Some years back I had a large long leaf pine get hit
with lightning, and it knocked the top off, and blew a strip of the
bark off from the top of the tree all the way to the base where it
blew a hle in the dirt big enough to put a volkswagon in. I had given
up all hope for that tree, but its still kicking and doing fine 15
years later. I have had other trees not fair so good.

If it does not present a hazzard, I would trim any damaged limbs to a
proper pruning cut and wait and see what happens.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.