Old 11-08-2004, 04:13 PM
dave weil

On 10 Aug 2004 21:08:26 -0700, (Fakhina Sohl)
wrote:

dave weil wrote in message . ..
On 10 Aug 2004 01:42:37 -0700,
(Fakhina Sohl)
wrote:

Pruning just makes 'em angry. So, early this winter, I
gave them all a good hacking, back well into old wood ...
They're all sprouting furiously now (to teach me a
lesson).

See, it's a matter of perception. Pruning makes *you* angry.

Oh no, not at all. After having my clothes snagged once too many, from
trying to walk past an enthusiastic rose bush, there's not many things
more satisfying than attacking it with the secateurs. Ha! That will
teach it!

NB - read most of my ramblings with an implied ;-) emoticon.

Yes, read mine that way too. Especially when given such a good
opening.