Old 14-08-2004, 10:07 PM
David W.E. Roberts

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 14:44:47 +0100, "David W.E. Roberts"
wrote:

It may be a little late for this year, but with plenty of food and

watering
you may get a fig or two.

Thanks David
What do you feed them with? Tomato feed or something more balanced?

Pam in Bristol

Hmmm...generally unbalanced and unscientific.

This year and last I overfed with Growmore on the surface so that on each
watering it would feed the tree.

I have also used Phostrogen for liquid feeds.

If I have any tomato feed left over after the tomatoes have been fed, that
goes in as well.

In the past I have scraped off the top layer of compost and replaced it with
compost mixed with chicken manure.

I water at least once a day in the summer.

In general I treat a fig tree in a pot almost the opposite of a fig tree in
the ground - loads of food and water because the roots are already
constrained and the more you feed it the more figs it produces.

At least, that's my theory.

It seems to work for me on the Suffolk coast with my Brown Turkey fig in a
large eartheware pot.

HTH
Dave R