Old 14-08-2004, 11:38 PM
Steveo

(dnmccoy) wrote:
Steveo wrote in message
(dnmccoy) wrote:
Hi all, I just bought a 5 acre lot in the Columbus ohio area. Right
now the ground is covered with weeds and I was wondering the best way
to get some nice grass to grow. Any thoughts are appreciated

thx,
dm

Hi dnmccoy, 5 acre's ay? That's a big area to seed at one time, is
it graded already or is it still rough?

Its rough but it dosnt have much of a roll to it. Its pretty flat
except for one corner which is maybe 6-9" higher

I suggest you look into a roundup application followed by having
someone rock-hound and grade your soil. After that you'll need
at least 350 lbs of a good seed blend and tons of straw.

Now is the time to get busy..Fall is perfect for doing that.