Old 15-08-2004, 01:19 AM
K Barrett

I did that for the same reason and the plant died deader than dead.

I don't know what it wants when they do that. You'd think - like you did -
that the plant was saying it didn't want any medium around its roots. But
maybe its really saying it doesn't want that *type* of medium around its
roots. Or that pot. Or your watering habits. Or the temp you have it in.

But to answer your second question, I don't thik the age of the plant
really has anything to do with it. It will accomodate to whatever you put
it in/on. Loss of leaves etc would be the outcome of its acclimation, but
it would come around.

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
uk...
I have had a Phal for about 10years now and for 8 of those it sat in a
plastic pot and tried to climb out of it quite rapidly. I then drilled
out a pot to effect a net pot and since then it has kept 4 leaves
instead of 3 and its climbing has slowed a bit. At the moment it is
growing a new leaf and putting out new roots.

As I have found an online supplier of cork bark I was wondering if it
would be practicable to move this plant onto this and out of a pot or
would I have needed to do this when it was much younger?

Peter