Old 12-08-2004, 12:39 AM
~ jan JJsPond.us

) wrote:

My pond is 10x12 about 2 1/2 feet average depth and kidney shaped
I have been using a sump from Home Depot in conjunction with a
biofilter with built in UV light. Seems to work ok, but I hate having
to clean it by pulling it out of the pond and I fear it breaking and
spilling oil all over. What would be a good external pump setup for
me? Do you reccomend a bell shaped bottom drain? Any suggestions?
Power consumption seems high on this pump too
Thanks

Hi Phil,

At my website you'll see a diagram of how we did an out-of-the-pond filter
using bottom drain and skimmer without going thru the liner. Click on *My
Filter* there is also more filter information under *Demon Pond Filter*
and *My Lily Pond*. ~ jan

See my ponds and filter design:
http://users.owt.com/jjspond/

~Keep 'em Wet!~