Old 15-08-2004, 01:43 PM
kathleen syson

Excellent additional idea that! I have an almost new Jeyes in the shed.
Will scuttle out forthwith and de-house the little blighters. Thanks Mich.
mich wrote in message ...

"Tumbleweed" wrote in message

"kathleen syson" wrote in message
We have just found a large mound of what looked like discarded seed

under
our bird seed feeders. On closer examination with a stick, the seeds

are
covering a huge anthill/nest.

Can anyone suggest the best way of killing this little lot off/removing
them - if we try to dig to remove, presumably the ants will swarm and

nip.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Kathie S

Just brush the soil off and teh birs will help get rid of quitea few.
Getting rid of them in a lawn is difficult , though one thing you can try

is
continually flooding the area, ants dont scuba dive.

Quite similar but I add jayes fluid . I like to clean and disinfect the

soil
on such occassions g

I find boiling a kettle and pouring the hot water out on the patch helps
too. The birds will re seed the patch for you afterwards.