Old 09-08-2004, 04:04 PM
brickled

not sure how big the mesh is on your cage but, assuming it's fairly small.
any critter small enuf to make it thru the mesh is unlikely to be able to
consume an entire tomato in one visit. since you're container gardening, is
it safe to assume you're in an apartment complex where it'd be easy for
someone to steal the maters?

"chaz" wrote in message
link.net...

"faye" wrote in message
om...
HI all-

I planted two tomato plants in my container, and I used some plastic
wiring to wrap around the plants , yes, both side and top. I don't
understand why my riped tomatoe keeps dissapearing??!!! At first i
thought it was the birds, that's why I added the cage, and then now
even with the cage??
The entire tomato is gone, not eaten bits and pieces by say like a
hornworm. I'm puzzled. Please help!

Any neighbors? LOL