Old 15-08-2004, 08:59 PM
vsop

wrote in message

My apple trees are carrying a heavy crop of apples - but a crop which
consists of an excessive number of small apples.
The 'June Drop' seems to have not happened this year.
This applies to all of my apple trees irrespective of tree size and
variety.
Has anyone else experienced this effect this year?

We didn't get the usual ''Drop'' about June time this year, but we have had
the thinning process start within the last fortnight. Don't know why its
been delayed but it might have something to do with the wet weather
providing the fruit with plenty of sap.