Old 15-08-2004, 09:29 PM
Kay

In article , curiosity
writes
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 23:17:30 +0100, "David Hill"
wrote:

Nice to get an easy set.

I'm a complete dunce so you can more or less rely on further easy sets. But
many thanks - leafing through a tome of often unreliable pictures is no joy.

1. Anemone X Hybrida
2. Ornamental Sage -- Try the scent of the leaf to find out which
3. Solanium jasminoides alba
4. Plumbago

The leaf of the ornamental sage certainly smells sagey - I wouldn't be able to
differentiate. Is a botanical name that I can check in my readers digest book?
For the moment I just need to know when and how to prune?

Salvia.

As a rule of thumb, prune just after flowering. If flowering is late in
the season, you might want to postpone pruning to spring. And if you
want the fruit, obviously you don't prune the flower heads ;-)
--
Kay