Old 15-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Matthew Durkin

Default Hoya plants

Hi All,
I recently purchased my first hoya plant (I don't think it will be my
last!). I love the lush foliage, and am looking forward to the highly
scented flowers that I'm lead to believe they get (mine had 2 tags -
australis and carnosa - difficult to distinguish I think before flower,
though I think it's an autralis).

I have a few of questions:
Does anyone know where I could buy hoya seeds in the UK? Can't seem to find
anyone with a range of different seeds. I like growing things from seed so
any advice here much appreciated!
Failing the seeds, does anyone know any place in the UK with a good range of
plants?
Also, if anyone has a Hoya macgillivrayi and wouldn't mind taking a cutting
for me please let me know!! It has wonderful big purple flowers and is
nicely scented.
I've also been looking for books on hoyas. Can't seem to find any at a
reasonable price - advice here much appreciated also.
Finally - what is everyone's favourite hoya? Seems they're not that comon so
I'd be interested to know if there are any fellow hoya fans out there...

Thanks,
Matthew