Old 16-08-2004, 04:40 AM
rod

dave,
to answer your question,you can save seed for about a year in just
an airtight jar.the key is no moisture.any longer than a year you
would need to freeze.i have heard of people saving seed for several
years in the freezer and the seeds be fine,tomatoes included.hope this
helps.

"Dave" wrote in message news:70QTc.130244$8_6.65077@attbi_s04...
Every time I plant a garden I always buy more seeds than I need. I heard
that if you put your leftover seeds in a jar and put the jar in the deep
freezer they will be good to use for the next Springs planting. I have
leftover green beans, cucumber, and peas.
Is this a true way of keeping seeds good? What about tomato seeds too?
Thanks for your opinions.