Old 16-08-2004, 06:59 PM
simy1

"Dave" wrote in message news:70QTc.130244$8_6.65077@attbi_s04...
Every time I plant a garden I always buy more seeds than I need. I heard
that if you put your leftover seeds in a jar and put the jar in the deep
freezer they will be good to use for the next Springs planting. I have
leftover green beans, cucumber, and peas.
Is this a true way of keeping seeds good? What about tomato seeds too?
Thanks for your opinions.

A ziploc or jar in the freezer is all you need. At my place, two
shelves on the freezers door are just for ziploc bags full of seeds. I
typically use seeds for 4-5 years out of a packet, and tomatoes last
longer. You are talking about large seeds only, and they will last
even longer than tomatoes. Basically forever.