Old 16-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Newbie Bill

Thanks for the response. Cheap is good, in this instance. I have one now
which I am using for exactly that purpose, but above ground. I will
probably just go ahead and sink it. If it was long and skinny it would be
perfect What kind of fish do you have for mosquito controll.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

"~ Windsong ~" wrote in message

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
.. .
As the season winds down it looks like the Wal Marts etc will be closing

out
their inventory soon. I may be tempted to buy a small 150-250 gallon

liner
if the price is right and set up a few fish/plant pond. However, none

have seen are anything but preforms or 20 mil. Is 20 mil a lot more
temporary if its small enough you dont have to walk in it. Any other

cheap
alternatives?

========================
The cheapest of the cheap are the $9.99 kiddy pools at Wal-Mart. You buy
one of them and a black plastic drop cloth in the paint dept. for about
$3.00. Presto! A cheapo fishpond for about $15.00, tax included. When I
put mine in the ground I set two in for more strength. That was about 5
years ago and it's still there. :-) With rocks around the perimeter and
the lining no one knows it's a cheapo kiddy pool.

I have 6 more I use for holding tanks, plant propagation pools etc.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere."