Old 15-08-2004, 07:13 AM
Newbie Bill

Default Cheaper Pond liners

As the season winds down it looks like the Wal Marts etc will be closing out
their inventory soon. I may be tempted to buy a small 150-250 gallon liner
if the price is right and set up a few fish/plant pond. However, none I
have seen are anything but preforms or 20 mil. Is 20 mil a lot more
temporary if its small enough you dont have to walk in it. Any other cheap
alternatives?
Thanxx
Bill Brister

Old 16-08-2004, 04:46 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
.. .
As the season winds down it looks like the Wal Marts etc will be closing

out
their inventory soon. I may be tempted to buy a small 150-250 gallon

liner
if the price is right and set up a few fish/plant pond. However, none I
have seen are anything but preforms or 20 mil. Is 20 mil a lot more
temporary if its small enough you dont have to walk in it. Any other

cheap
alternatives?

========================
The cheapest of the cheap are the $9.99 kiddy pools at Wal-Mart. You buy
one of them and a black plastic drop cloth in the paint dept. for about
$3.00. Presto! A cheapo fishpond for about $15.00, tax included. When I
put mine in the ground I set two in for more strength. That was about 5
years ago and it's still there. :-) With rocks around the perimeter and
the lining no one knows it's a cheapo kiddy pool.

I have 6 more I use for holding tanks, plant propagation pools etc.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere."

Old 16-08-2004, 05:22 PM
Newbie Bill

Thanks for the response. Cheap is good, in this instance. I have one now
which I am using for exactly that purpose, but above ground. I will
probably just go ahead and sink it. If it was long and skinny it would be
perfect What kind of fish do you have for mosquito controll.
Thanxx
Bill Brister - Austin, Texas

Old 17-08-2004, 02:13 AM
~ Windsong ~

"Newbie Bill" wrote in message
Thanks for the response. Cheap is good, in this instance. I have one now
which I am using for exactly that purpose, but above ground. I will
probably just go ahead and sink it. If it was long and skinny it would be
perfect What kind of fish do you have for mosquito controll.

===============================
I use elcheapo minnows (rosy reds) used as feeders by aquarists. They're
something like 10 for a $1.00. They do an excellent job but like company,
so put at least 5 in each tub. I also use extra goldfish fry. I feed them
all a small amount of flakes every day.
--
Carol.... the frugal ponder...
"Whenever you meet a man who would make a good husband,

Old 30-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Karen

In article , Hal
writes:

20 mil what? I have 20 mil Permalon with a bottom drain and it
works well. Much easier to handle than the 40 mil EDPM in another
pond.

it also weighs a lot less and doesn't rack up the shipping bill.

I also have permalon for a liner.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Old 30-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Karen

In article , Hal
writes:

20 mil what? I have 20 mil Permalon with a bottom drain and it
works well. Much easier to handle than the 40 mil EDPM in another
pond.

it also weighs a lot less and doesn't rack up the shipping bill.

I also have permalon for a liner.

Karen
Zone 5
Ashland, OH
http://hometown.aol.com/kmam1/MyPond/MyPond.html
My Art Studio at
http://members.aol.com/kmmstudios/K....M.Studios.html
for email remove the extra extention

Greenseal Rubber Pond Liners & Lake Liners FLP Ponds 2 06-04-2010 11:34 PM
Greenseal Rubber Pond Liners & Lake Liners FLP Marketplace 0 10-02-2010 09:30 AM
Cheaper Pond liners Newbie Bill Ponds 0 15-08-2004 07:13 AM
Cheaper garden mags. Janet Baraclough .. United Kingdom 7 04-03-2004 12:12 PM
(Cheaper) Amquel BenignVanilla Ponds 10 28-06-2003 10:32 PM