Old 16-08-2004, 07:08 PM
Sacha

On 16/8/04 13:23, in article ,
"curiosity" [email protected] wrote:

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 14:05:04 +0200, curiosity [email protected] wrote:

thank you Sacha, checking 'salvia' my RD encycl. suggested a reasonable
likeness
to an iffy picture of S.neurepia, then a google image search revealed this
picture which appears to be spot-on.

...on the other hand..... your suggested S.greggii group also reveals some
equally close likenesses. (this is tricky isn't it?....I must learn not to be
so hasty)

Just proved the point!! ;-) I don't know where you live but the National
Collection of Salvias is at Pleasant View Nursery, just outside Newton
Abbot, Devon.
You may just have to be content that you have a lovely plant and it's a
Salvia. ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk