Old 16-08-2004, 11:55 PM
MrChaos007

I am in the DFW area: I have a pomergranite tree that blossomed
heavily in the spring but the flower all fell out without yielding a
single fruit, could it have been overwatered? I also have a pear tree
that is starting leaf drop, the leaves show a yellow and brown pattern
on both sides of the center vein, the leaf will drop and turn black as
with blight but all my previous encounters with blight shows the leave
and twigs with a burned look on the tree. Any thoughts?

ss

Pomegranite:

Did ya get a late freeze after the blooms? I never water mine unless
they are in their first year or severe drought which we have not had
this year. They are from Turkey and the silk road area and are pretty
drought tolerant.

Are they in the shade? That can prevent fruit as well. Also did you
fertilize the lawn where they are? High nitrogen could also be an issue.

The other trees my question would be did you Weed and Feed??????
If you did you probably killed them with the Weed Killer. If not I have
seen my get them too, could be over fertilization. Could be a blight I
am not a big expert but I know I have killed trees with fertilizer and I
learned my lesson. I never fertilize or water the lawn and I have the
greenest prettiest grass around.