Old 18-08-2004, 01:38 PM
madgardener

you can take cuttings of each one and keep them in the waterly jars on a
sunny window sill until spring when you pot them up for the next year.
This is how they are propigated in nurseries a lot of the times. Or you
can spray them totally with a pyrethrum spray under the leaves, on top
and in the top of the soil for a day before you cut them back by half
and put them inside in a southwestern window. Water them well, not
soggy, but don't allow to dry out because they'll sulk and attract mealy
bugs in their stress. They are annuals. Pinch out the flowers, unless
bees have pollinated them, and if so, you might see if they sow seeds to
pop up next year. If you have let them set seeds though, you've
sacrificed the bulk of the plant.
madgardener

Romy Beeck wrote:

I got a great deal on a close out on about 32 coleus plants and there
growing just beautifully. But now a have all these beautiful plants and
winter is coming and i'm wondering if there is any way I can save these
plants. I'm here in wisconsin and its gets very cold here. I have all these
plants in pots.Can i put them in the house and water them or let them sit
till next spring. Can anyone help me please?

THANK FOR THE HELP I CAN GET.