Old 18-08-2004, 02:15 PM
Benign Vanilla

Default Lily fertilizer

"Hal" wrote in message
There was a thread earlier about once a year fertilizer for lilies, or
it may have been aquatic plants, anyway I thought I would try a slow
release low nitrogen fertilizer in my lilies since they were beginning
to slow down on the blooms a bit. I went to my local Lowe's and
found the lowest nitrogen10 and highest phosphate 13 with potash 13
the best thing they had and thought that might do. It might please
some, but I want blooms not leaves. I put up some pictures of what
happened to two of the pots, so you can snicker a bit if it pleases
you to laugh at a dummy. Go ahead, I grinned a bit myself!
http://members.cox.net/hrclark1/Index.html

snip

Next year I am potting my lillies properly, and fertilizing them. Mine have
never looked like this.

BV.