Old 18-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Sandie Hudson

"Anne Lurie" wrote in message
r.com...
Kira,

Your idea for harvesting figs sounds great! I have just one suggestion:
think about wearing sunglasses (or goggles) if you will be dealing with
branches that "spring back up."

After I got a scratched cornea(?) from a pine branch that smacked me right
in the eye, I try to *always* wear sunglasses whenever I work outside now.

Good luck with the figs,

For that matter, wear some kind of glasses _whenever_ you are outside. 3+
years ago my daughter had a stick fall out of a tree and stab right into her
eye. (Kinda long story involving 2 kids and a tree with a dead branch.) 4
surgeries saved the eye but not really the sight (20/400).

--
Sandie
- Don't forget to take the cats out.