Old 18-08-2004, 09:21 PM
Giancarlo Podio

Perhaps conditions that may favor one plant won't favor another... but
I've yet to see any signs of plant warefare in my tanks. I've also
kept the plants you've listed in the same tank in the past without
problems. I do however remember reading something along these lines in
Diana Walstad's book, she mentioned two plants I believe that don't
seem to like eachother, but I've never actually seen this occur in a
tank myself.

Giancarlo Podio

"Keith E. Loyd" wrote in message news:9rXTc.8071$vj.5061@okepread03...
Howdy,

After several years in the hobby, I occasionally have heard discussion of
certain groups of plants that do no prosper when in the presence of other
species.

the ones I have heard of:
cryptorynes vs Vallisneria sp.,
Val vs Saggitaria sp.

Do any of you have a more thorough list from your own experience or sources
online?

In nature, it is typical for only one species to dominate a certain niche in
a pond/lake/river. Chemical means are routinely used to get a leg up on the
competition in the rainforest in delightful irony against the stereotype of
"Mother" Nature as being a pristine, nurturing, static thing.

regards,
KL