Old 19-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Vox Humana

"Bernadette" wrote in message
news:mhRUc.4916$de4.3897@trndny07...
Uggg Ive had 2 of those polka dot plants...they get all spindly.. and then

TRIED TO PUT THEM IN DIFFERENT PLACES TO NO AVAIL, the leaves got lighter
and lighter and fell off. I even gave it food.

doesn anyone else have polka dots?

I assume you are talking about Hypoestes phyllostachya. I have grown them
in mass plantings in my annual beds. They do very well for me in zone 6 in
full sun with even moisture and some 10-10-10. In fact, they grew so big
that I had to shear them back a couple times over the summer with hedge
trimmers. I have seen them grown as house plants also. They seem pretty
sturdy.