Old 19-08-2004, 12:05 AM
Bernadette

Default polka dot plants

Uggg Ive had 2 of those polka dot plants...they get all spindly.. and then i
TRIED TO PUT THEM IN DIFFERENT PLACES TO NO AVAIL, the leaves got lighter
and lighter and fell off. I even gave it food.

doesn anyone else have polka dots?

--
bernadette

PEACE IN THE MIDDLE EAST
Jealousy is no more than feeling alone against smiling enemies.

Old 19-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Vox Humana

"Bernadette" wrote in message
Uggg Ive had 2 of those polka dot plants...they get all spindly.. and then

TRIED TO PUT THEM IN DIFFERENT PLACES TO NO AVAIL, the leaves got lighter
and lighter and fell off. I even gave it food.

doesn anyone else have polka dots?

I assume you are talking about Hypoestes phyllostachya. I have grown them
in mass plantings in my annual beds. They do very well for me in zone 6 in
full sun with even moisture and some 10-10-10. In fact, they grew so big
that I had to shear them back a couple times over the summer with hedge
trimmers. I have seen them grown as house plants also. They seem pretty
sturdy.

Old 19-08-2004, 02:24 AM
Perry Templeton

Pinch, pinch and pinch some more. I have been growing polka dot for
probably 30 years. If you don't pinch, they will get leggy, spindly, ugly,
bloom and all that jazz.
Perry

Old 19-08-2004, 05:39 AM
Charles

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 23:05:54 GMT, "Bernadette"
wrote:

Uggg Ive had 2 of those polka dot plants...they get all spindly.. and then i
TRIED TO PUT THEM IN DIFFERENT PLACES TO NO AVAIL, the leaves got lighter
and lighter and fell off. I even gave it food.

doesn anyone else have polka dots?

I have them in the ground in shade, growing with coleus and impatiens.
Impatiens really need a bit more sun that where I have the polke-dots,
but they grow.

--

- Charles
-
Old 19-08-2004, 09:19 AM
Christopher Green

wrote:

Uggg Ive had 2 of those polka dot plants...they get all spindly.. and then i
TRIED TO PUT THEM IN DIFFERENT PLACES TO NO AVAIL, the leaves got lighter
and lighter and fell off. I even gave it food.

doesn anyone else have polka dots?

I'm in Southern California, Zone 9, minimal frost. Hypoestes goes
perennial here. When the tops get leggy and drop their leaves, I cut
them to the ground. They come right back.

--
Chris Green