Old 19-08-2004, 05:03 AM
Lee

You did luck out! Last month I needed some color to fill in an area
and had already spent my allowance : ) and could't afford a bunch of
plants so bought 2 tall rangy Coleus , and disected G them and ended
up with 8 nice cuttings and already they have served their purpose. I
just stuck them in some potting soil and put them in a protected open
shade area of the patio and they did't even wilt. I did try a new
idea, though. i had 4 6 inch potts so i made two pockets with
construction cloth in each, filled with the soil and put the cuttings
in each pocket, so when i was ready to plant them they were easy to
take out, unrap and the tender roots were not disturbed.
I will probably take cuttings and overwinter them in the garage, but
may be simpler to wait till spring and get a couple plants and do same
as above.
leo

Phisherman wrote in message

I got a great deal on a close out on about 32 coleus plants and there
growing just beautifully. .